Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ok...Back To Winter

I don’t know if you can see how amazingly huge this ice wall is, but it’s HUGE. We went to Governor Dodge State Park, near Dodgeville, Wisconsin to do a little hiking. This is Stephan Falls. In all the visits I’ve made to the park I had never been to the falls. I hate to admit I really hadn’t paid a lot of attention to the fact they were even there. Boy did I make a mistake! We hiked over to the falls, which was a really easy hike on the packed snow. And then wandered along the valley trail until we reached another cross trail. If your close by swing by the park and take a look. Even though the temperature was only +5 we were not really cold, because we were down in the valley so there was no wind to contend with.

For a little perspective, you can see my Mom standing in front of a wall of ice facing Stephen Falls. She’s 5 foot 8 inches tall.


1 comment:

Lee-Ann said...

That is really cool!